Winter is coming. I like my special onion soup which is healthy and great for winter time for all the family . Especially it heals you if you get cold with all the spices and onions it contains. I boil meat with bone before ( well done until bone separates easily from the meat). Pressure cooker or normal casserole. I chop in small parts the meat and filter the juice apart.
Cut onions in thin slices. Pour 2 tablespoons olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter in the casserole and throw the chopped onions and the garlic and I fry them very slowly ( not burn) but kind of caramelizing.
Mix than the meat, spices and juice and wine ( all the rest of ingredients) and boil slowly for about 1.5 hrs. You can serve with toasted bread with some yellow cheese.
3 white onions
3 red onions
1 bay leave
2-3 garlic cloves
Fresh grated ginger
One coffee spoon red curry paste
One cup – red whine
Beef with bone (500 gr) shoulder or neck part is better
A pinch of sugar
- French Onion Soup baked in a Pumpkin (joyfulhealthyeats.com)
- Soup of the week: Grated onion soup (simplycalledfood.com)
- Garlic, Mushroom and Onion Soup (burgerelegante.wordpress.com)
- French Onion Soup (theverygreedypig.com)
- Crockpot Chili Recipe Made From Onion Soup, Ground Turkey, and Vegetables (shawnacoronado.com)
- Roasted tomato, onion and thyme soup (tinycooknkitchen.wordpress.com)